Makerere University, School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, is looking to hire Study Nurses with good qualitative research skills to work on the EDCPT-funded project CAGE-TB.
About the CAGE-TB project
The Cough Audio triaGE for TB (CAGE-TB) project aims to promote the adoption of mobile health-based cough audio triage testing for active pulmonary tuberculosis in health facilities in high-burden settings. It aims to generate and separately validate a cough audio classifier that meets World Health Organization (WHO) triage test target product profile sensitivity and specificity criteria, produce data on potential cost savings, and package the underlying technology into an easy-to-use smartphone app built using human-centered design ready-for-use in large-scale clinical evaluations. It will do so through:
The study seeks to recruit study personnel as per the below descriptions
Position: Study Nurse (3 Positions)
Direct Supervisor: Study project Coordinator
Minimum qualifications and other desirables for the Job
- Diploma in Nursing, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is an added advantage.
- Must be registered with the Nurses’ council with a valid practicing license
- Experience working in a research setting is desirable
- Experience in working with children and community studies is desirable
- Skills in collecting specimen from children is an added advantage
- Good clinical practice (GCP) training is desirable
- Must be familiar with email, internet and good knowledge of Microsoft computer programs
- Excellent, oral and written communication skills and be capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a busy environment and be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
How to apply: If you have the relevant qualifications and experience, provide a detailed
CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and
Addresses of two referees, copies of academic certificates and testimonials including a
Day time telephone contact
Applications can be emailed or hand delivered to the following address
Ms. Basemera Joanitah, email: email@example.com tel; 0701925906
Deadline for receiving application is 16th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, any form of canvassing will lead to
Automatic disqualification. If you do not hear from us three weeks after the deadline of this advert, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.